The Alabama Developmental Disabilities Council provides a standard procedure through which Council members may seek a resolution to their complaints.
All individuals not covered by the Alabama Department of Mental Health/ Mental Retardation ‘s Employee Complaint Procedure Policy # 60-102.
- The term “complaint” includes and is limited to the following:Any business operation, confidentiality, management, and good name of the Alabama Developmental Disabilities Council
- The term “written” includes any form that can be documented to include hand-written, computer-generated, e-mail, audio tape, etc.
- A person with a complaint should direct the problem to the Executive Director in writing within five (5) working days of the occurrence or knowledge of the occurrence.
- The Executive Director will respond to the complainant in writing within three (3) working days of the receipt of the written complaint.
- The Executive Director and or designee will investigate the complaint within fifteen (15) working days of receipt of the written complaint.
- At the end of the investigation, the Executive Director will notify the Chair in writing of the findings and resolution.
- The Chair will notify the parties involved in writing within five (5) working days of receipt of the Executive Director’s report.
Complaint against the Executive Director
- A person with a complaint against the Executive Director shall direct the problem to the Chair of the Alabama Developmental Disabilities Council who will respond in writing to the complainant within three (3) working days.
- The Chair or designee will investigate the complaint within fifteen (15) working days.
- At the end of the investigation, the Chair will notify the parties involved in writing of the findings and resolution.
Appeal of Findings/Resolution
- If the person who initiated the complaint is not satisfied with the findings and/or resolution of the complaint, that person may request, in writing to the Chair, a review by the Executive Planning Committee.
- The Executive Planning Committee will review the findings and/or resolution within fifteen (15) working days and make written recommendations to the Chair.
- The Chair will notify the parties of the result of such review within five (5) working days of receipt of the Executive Planning Committee’s recommendations.
The final decision regarding a resolution of a complaint shall be the decision of the Chair and shall be considered final and binding.
Adopted by Council May 9, 2002